Donating Food & Other Goods
- First, please have a read through the guidance on this website or attached to the side of the fridge to confirm which products we are able to accept as donations.
- Familiarise yourself with the disclaimer and confirm the you agree with it.
- Place any donated chilled goods directly into the fridge and ambient/non-food goods onto the shelves. If there is not sufficient space, please speak to a member of the Newton Deli team who will be happy to take your donations for safe storage.
- This is the most important step…give yourself a pat on the back! A massive thank you from us, and an entire community.
Taking Food & Other Goods
- Please make sure you have read and agreed with the disclaimer and guidelines for use which can be found on this website and attached to the side of the fridge.
- Whilst members of The Deli Group staff and project volunteers will periodically check the fridge contents for spoilage, please use your own judgement as to whether or not the food is safe to eat, particularly where the “Best Before” date has passed. NEVER take or eat foods past their “Use By” date.
- If you have any concerns, please speak to a member of The Deli Group staff, or contact the project directly by email to email@example.com .
- Wash all food before consumption.
- Heat any cooked food to a minimum temperature of 75 degrees before eating. Please do not re-heat a second time.
- If the packaging is damaged or any seals are broken, please use your own judgement as to whether the food is safe to consume. Please do not eat any food which has obviously been contaminated or spoiled.
- Please only take what you NEED. Food should not be taken for resale, personal profit or if it will go to waste.
- If you are in a position to do so, please consider donating any surplus food, household or toiletry goods to the fridge for the benefit of the community.